Best time to visit this place:
Summers are very hot here and dry. Summers starts from June and extends till August. Practically, this time of the year is not that suitable for tours as it is sweltering. This place also sees heavy rainfall during the rainy season. The rainy season starts in September and extends till November. The best time to visit this place in December to March. This is the time when the temperature is low, and there is no rainfall during these months. Avoid the rainy season as there is the occasional flood in the wet months.
History of this place and culture:
The name Vinh became official in the year 1789, and most of the people say this is because of the European Influence. There were several names given to this place before 1789. Formerly this place was known as Ke Van. After some time, it becomes Ke Vinh. Few more names were there those days such as Vinh Giang, Vinh Doanh, and Vinh Thi.
This place has seen a lot of military and political influences in the past, and the American war is the sign of that. Among all the dynasties the Tay Son Dynasty was the longest to rule this place. They considered this place to be their capital. Then the French came to this place, and that is when industrial revolution took place here. The people here are firm believers of their roots and culture, and they follow them whole heartily.
Geographical Description and why is this place famous?
In the north-central coast of Vietnam, Truong the Vinh is the most significant city. This place is an economic and cultural center of the North Central Coast. It is the capital city of Nghe An Province. This majestic place is situated in the banks of river Lam. It is also on the main transportation route to Vietnam. That is why this place is very much accessible by highways and other roads. The Vinh international airport is a busy airport that has been running for a long time.
There are many famous cities near to this place. This place is about 300 kilometers from Hanoi and 1400 kilometers from Ho Chin Min City. There are about 16 urban wards and nine suburban communes. The tourism sector here has been quite popular among the people. In the recent years, the demand for this place has been increasing because of the several unique sites that this place possesses. This place is trendy for its sites, rivers, mountains, and people. The people of this region are very much hospitable, and they are known to be a good host.
The people like foreigners and they treat them with a warm heart. This place is also very famous for its entertainment centers and street food. There are many street food stalls in dai hoc Vinh. The climate which is quite soothing during the tour season makes the tourist come here again and again. There are also many resorts here that you can avail for your stays.
Things to do here and places to see Vinh:
- Quyet Mountain: As this place is so famous for its natural beauty, this place is an obvious choice for many tourists. Thus Mountain is about 5 km from the city and is a perfect place for you to visit. This place is an ecological tourist area. This mountain park was developed so that the local authorities can conserve the 200 years old history and culture of this place.
- Mường Thanh Safari Land: The Mường Thanh Safari Land is the very popular tourist destination in this place. Many people come to this place for fun and relaxing. You can see different wild animals in the zoo here. Some of these are Rhino, giraffe, white tiger, yellow tiger, etc. There is also a very famous water park here where you can relax and enjoy the water games.
- Bai Lu Resort: This resort is the most popular one in this place. It is located about 20 kilometers from the center. The view is stunning from the top of the heaven gate mountain. The resort is also a perfect place for you and your family to spend some time. This is an ideal place for kids too. There are so many things you can do here. You can also avail your stay here. The rates are very much reasonable.
- Huong Tich Pagoda Ha Tinh: The Huong Tich Pagoda Ha Tinh is another very famous place to visit in this place. This was built during the Tran King rule. You can visit this place by boats and buses there are also local taxi services available that will take you to this beautiful place.
- Recreation center VRC: The vital Recreation center VRC is located in the Phan Boi Chau Street. Many people come here to spend some time with their family. If you want to spend some moments with your family and especially your kids by playing bowling, pool then this is the perfect place for you to visit.
- Parks: This place is known for its parks. There are several parks where you can go for a walk after a tiring day of the tour. Some of the famous parks here are Centre, Cua Nam, Cua Bac, Nguyen Tat Thanh, Cua Nam lake, etc.
- Museums: If you want to know about some of the ancient cultures of this place then visit the museums. There is also a museum that is known for its military artifacts and history. Some of the famous museums are Soviet Nghe Tinh Museum, Nghe An General Museum and Museum of Military region 4.
- Shopping: The Vinh market is in the center of the city. This is the perfect place where you can buy local items so that you can take back home as a memory. There are also many food stalls in this market.
- Drink: The city is very famous for its coffee. There are about 100 coffee shops all around the city. You can also taste the local beer in the bia hoi stores. The pub “We Pub” is a trendy place where you can go for beer in this place. Heaven nightclub is another very popular club where you can go and relax after a tiring tour. This place provides excellent music, food, and drinks.
- Cua Beach: The cup Beach is the most popular beach in this place. This is a sandy beach and a perfect place for you to go for a walk. There are many resorts and hotels near to this beach. The view of the sea from this beach is stunning. There are also several islands that tourist can visit near to this beach. Hon Ngu island is one of the famous islands where you can spend some time.
- Citadel: After the war, the only things that are remaining of the Citadel are the moats and three gates. There are also several pubs near to this place where you can tasty snacks and drinks.
How to reach Vinh?
Dai hoc Vinh is situated in the perfect location where the primary transportation route goes to Vietnam. That is why you can go to this place quickly and hassle-free. You can travel via different ways.
- By air: The international airport that carries different airlines every day is the best way to travel to this place. There are daily flights to the other nearby cities such as Ho Chin Min City, Da Nang city, and Da Lat.
- By Bus: By bus, it takes about 6 hours from Hanoi. The rates are quite affordable, and it takes about 200000 dongs from Hanoi. From Da Nang, it is about 10 hours. Similarly, from Thanh Hoa is about5 hours. There are also bus services from Laos, and it takes around 12 hours to this place from Laos.
- By train: There are several local trains available from the different cities to this place. The train routes are the cool If you want to see the ways, then the train is the best place as it is so unique here.
- Taxi: Several agencies provide taxi services to the people. You can hire a taxi from the nearby cities to this place. These rides are comfortable and quite affordable.
Hotels and resorts:
- Muong Thanh: This is a favorite place to stay here. This hotel is trendy among the tourists for its excellent facilities that they provide. Some of its amenities include AC rooms, suites, parking space, Wi-Fi, and laundry.
- Khach San Xanh Nghe An: The Khach San Xanh Nghe An is a very famous hotel in the business. Many people stay here and prefer this place because of the staff. They are also friendly. Also, you can hire tours and trips from this place. There are many agencies that this hotel knows.
- Khach San Lam Giang: This hotel too is a trendy hotel, and many things make this hotel very famous among the people. Some of the amenities that this hotel provides are parking space, AC rooms, Hot bath and laundry service.
- Muong Thanh Song Lam Hotel: The Muong Thanh Song Lam Hotel is probably the most famous hotel in the place. It is a five-star There is a restaurant, swimming pool and massage parlor. It charges about 40$ per night.
- Saigon Kim Lien Hotel: The Saigon Kim Lien Hotel is another very popular hotel here. The rates are 30$ per night. This hotel provides AC rooms and suites.
Foods and restaurant in Vinh:
Vietnamese cuisine is very popular all over the globe, and here too many restaurants serve authentic Vietnamese dish.
- Chao Luon: This is a very spicy eel soup and is quite favorite among the locals. There are so many places here that serve this dish.
- Banh Muot: This is a steam rice roll dish and is quite popular among the tourists.
- Keo Cu Do: This is peanut rice paper candy that is served by many restaurants
There are many famous restaurants here that serve international cuisines. Some of these restaurants are as follows:
- Miao’s Pizza: This is a perfect place if you are with your family or kids. The environment is quite cozy and Casual.
- Nha Hang Sky Night: For a beer or drink this is the perfect place to spend some time and drink.
Tips for tourists:
- Local Laws: Make sure you know about specific local laws before traveling to this place. Many laws can actually forbid you to move into some areas. Know about these rules.
- Avoid the rainy season: There is an occasional flood that this place observe. So in the rainy season try to avoid this place.
- Be Aware of scammer: This place is full of scammers. Try to contact a guide who can help you in every step or else make sure you have excellent bargaining skills while buying something.
- Do not wander alone: Make sure your guide knows where you are visiting. Some places are not fit to attend.