Bosaso: The commercial capital of the Puntland state is one of the major tourist destinations in the country. This place is very much popular among the tourist for its beautiful beaches and the scenic beauty. For people who are very much interested in the war history, this is the perfect place for them as the country has seen so much of Civil war in the past. People are attracted to the swimming sites that are present in this area. Some of the popular places here include Biyo Ukulele and the Bosaso beach. The beach is the perfect spot for you to relax after a tiring day of the tour. Apart from these places, there are other things that you can do here in this location. Let’s find out some of those:Read more about Bosaso …
- Walking on the Bosaso beach – Bosaso beach is very calm, and it is less crowded. After touring for days, this is the best place to relax and smoke.
- War ruins: Like the other places in the country, this loss.
- Somali tea: A sweet and spiced milk tea is the authentic Somali tea. If you are in Somalia, then this is the tea that you must taste. It has a unique taste.
Burao: Burao is the largest city in Somalia and is very widely known for its wildlife and tourist destinations. This place is almost untouched by the world and is a perfect spot for a quiet vacation. The life of the local people is quite colorful and a once in a lifetime experience for those who have never seen such communities. There is also the largest livestock market, which is present here in the place. You can go and witness firsthand the trading skills of the locals. If you like carpets, this might be the perfect place for you to buy some of the finest carpets in the world from the local stores. Most of the structures and monuments here are constructed dedicating the decade-long civil war. Here are some of the other places that you can visit in this place:Read more about Burao …
- Freedom Arch: The Freedom Arch is a dedicated space and structure that is for the remembrance of the fallen soldiers and their families, who lost their beloved sons and loved ones in the two-decades-long civil war.
- The grassland savannah: The grassland savannah is one of the major tourist attractions, and this is a place that you cannot miss. Here wild animals come to graze.
Kismayo: Kismayo, the famous port city of Somalia, is also very popular for its tourist destinations. The river Jubba situates this place. There are many structures and ruins of the long civil war that took place here 20 years back. The climate here is a tropical monsoon climate and is quite suitable for tours and vacation all around the year. There are different groups of the Somalia people residing here for ages, and they are known for their diverse culture and practices. Kismayo is also very well known for its seaports. Every year many tourists come here to see the beautiful ports that this place possesses.Read more about Kismayo …
- Sightseeing: There are several places in Kismayo that you can go for sightseeing. You can hire local buses for the same, but the best way is to hire bikes.
Hargeisa: Hargeisa is a famous tourist destination in Somalia and is located in the Woqooyi Galbeed region. Located in the highland, this place is known for its green lush and the valleys that attract thousands of tourists every year.Read more about Hargeisa …
- The cave paintings of Hargeisa: The cave paintings of Hargeisa are one of the major tourist attractions. These paintings were discovered by a French Archeological team. The local people along with the government has done quite a commendable job in preserving this painting that depicts the lives of ancient people living there for ages. Many other sites are present in this place and quite preferable for sightseeing near these caves.
- Lion Zoo: Witness the king of the forest in this Lion zoo, which is a private zoo. You can touch these beasts. There are about 5 to 6 lions in this zoo.
- Wildlife: The wildlife here in this place is diverse, and the mountains preserve this wildlife in its best way. Some of the fauna you can observe are Kudu, wildebeest, gazelles and several species of birds.
- Maan-soor Hotel: If you want to taste authentic Somali dishes, then this is the place that you need to go. The staff is very professional, and the hotel is located in a beautiful
Berbera: Berbera is another popular place in the Woqooyi Galbeed region. It is the third largest city in the country and is very popular for its ports. This place is a semi-arid land, and the landscapes are very much popular among the tourist. The climate of this area is quite suitable for a visit almost all the year round except the rainy season. Some of the oldest ethnic groups still reside here in this location. The port of Berbera is the major tourist attraction. This place served as the Nasal and a missile base of the Somali government in the past.Read more about Berbera …
- Baathela Beach: The Baathela Beach is a sandy beach that is located in the center of the town. This is a wonderful beach that you can visit. The environment is quite soothing and relaxing.
NASA Runway: Believe it or not, there is a huge runway constructed by NASA in the eighties for emergency landings for space shuttles. This is one of the places that tourists are attracted to.