Best time to visit this place:
Like the other places of Vietnam, Ninh Bình too is quite suitable for the visit any time of the year. The site is a bit hot during the period May to October, but the temperature cools down during the period November to April. So November to April is the best time to visit this place. Avoid visiting this place during September as it is the typhoon season. November to April is also that period when there is less rainfall, and the temperature is cooler than the rest of the year.
History of the place and culture:
Ninh Binh is a cultural paradise. For the people who look for cultural sites, this is the perfect one for them. This place was the political center of Vietnam and has also been quite popular as a cultural capital of Vietnam. Many people are renowned artists here in this place. During the 1880’s it was the French that ruled this site. The Sino-French war was prevalent those days, and this place was of great significance to the French. Several things developed during the French colonial era. According to some research, the Vietnamese authorities did not make any attempt to stop the French, but they were quite hostile towards the French. That is when the French occupied the place without much effort.
Geographical description and why this place is famous Ninh Binh:
Ninh Binh is located in the Northern Vietnam and is 48 square Kilometers. This place was ruled by many rulers in the past, but the influence of Buddhism is quite prominent here in this place. There are also many people who preach Christianity. There are different churches all over the place. Most of the tourist comes here for sightseeing in the country sides. The mountain ranges and the natural forests areas are the best places for you to hike. This place is also known as the Buddhist Center in Vietnam. The largest pagoda in the South East Asia is here. Many kings ruled this place, and the remains of those kingdoms are still quite visible here in this site.
This place is very famous for building materials and is now considered as one of the important places for business and commerce. Some of the popular products are bricks, stones, and cement. This place is also known for its natural parks and reserves. The Cuc Phuong National Park is a very popular place for the tourist where they go for sightseeing and hiking. There are several Buddhist temples all over the place, and these temples are constructed long back, but design is unique. The people of Ninh Binh are known for their hospitability as they love foreigners. They are the good host, but they are also very much fond of their culture. To be friendly with the locals you need to give much interest to their way of living and culture.
Things to do and places to see in Ninh Binh:
- Tam Coc: This place is in the middle of the rice field and the lime peaks. The place is a mesmerizing piece of nature. You can avail boat ride to this place. The entrance fee is about 120,000 dong per person per ride. Apart from the boat rides there are two more places where you can visit such as Bich Dong Pagoda and Tam Coc Pier. Make sure you hire a guide for these tours while going to these places. There are times when you need help with the local language.
- Trang An Grottoes: The Trang An Grottoes is a beauty of nature. Here you can avail boat rides through different caves. The caves are widened for the boats to pass through. This place is a very popular place for Vietnamese and Chinese tourists. You can hire boats that will take about 150,000 per person. In every boat, four people can ride at a time.
- Hang Mua Peak: This is another popular place here. This is a peak and the perfect location for you to view the place and have a 360-degree view. One thing you must take care is not to wear flip-flop.
- Cuc Phuong National Park: The national park is about 1 hour from this place. The Endangered Primates Rescue Centre has been preserving the wildlife along with the local authorities. You can visit this center, and the entrance fee is about 50,000 dong per person.
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital: This is the ancient capital of Vietnam. There are many ruins and remains of this old capital. This is a very popular place for tourists.
- Phat Diem Cathedral: The Phat Diem Cathedral is a very popular place for tourist to visit. The size of this Cathedral is about 75m x 27m x 15m height. The interior is also well designed. This was constructed in the year 1874 and 1898.
- Bich Dong Pagoda: Another popular place is Bich Dong Pagoda. This is one such place that is located with many other such pagodas such as the Ha, Trung, and Thuong Pagodas. Some temples are built in the caves, and that is one sight you don’t want to miss.
- Go shopping: There are many places where you can buy local items so that you can take it back to your home as a memory. These items are quite affordable, and if you have amazing bargaining skills, then you will end up with many good items in your bag. Go for even lam Ninh Binh.
- Eat: If you are fond of dishes then go for some of the finest local dishes served by some of the popular restaurants. There are also many street stalls that are quite popular, but you need to check out for the one that serves hygienic food. There are many stalls that are not hygienic. Choose your place to eat wisely.
- Bai Dinh Temple: The Bai Dinh Temple is a very popular temple in this place. The Buddhist prefers this temple to be very sacred. There are several new temples in this place. This is the largest complex in Vietnam dedicated to the Buddhist religion. This is a popular place in viec lam Ninh Binh.
How to reach this place?
- By taxi: To reach this place you can hire a taxi from Hanoi. The charge will be around 68$. From the airport it will take around 3 hours and the charges will be 85$.
- By bus: From the Hanoi Bus terminal you can avail buses to this place. There are regular buses. Every 15 minutes you can board a bus. It is about 90 kilometer from Hanoi, and it takes around 3 hours.
- By Bus boat: You can avail cat Ba Island you can avail a bus boat which takes about 5 hours. The charge is about 260,000 dong.
- By Train: The train Reunification express available every day. The train leaves at 6 in the morning, and it takes about 3 hours to reach this place.
- By car: You can also hire a private car from Hanoi to this place. The private cars charge about 80$ from Hanoi to this place. These cars are very much popular among the tourist as they are comfortable rides.
Hotel and Resorts in Ninh Binh:
- Limestone View Home stay: The Limestone View Home stay is one of the popular hotels in this place. This hotel is known for its amenities such as Wi-Fi, hot bath and parking space. The charges are also quite reasonable. The cost is about US47$ per night.
- Kim Lien Guesthouse: The Kim Lien Guesthouse is another famous hotel in boa Ninh Binh. The hotel is located in the center of town and is run by Madame Lien. People love Madame Lien because of the honesty and friendly behavior.
- An Phu Homestay: The An Phu Home stay is popular home stay with amenities such as WiFi, western style toilets, and king size beds. The hotel charges 30$ per night.
- Nha Viet Hotel: This hotel is known for its excellent location in boa Ninh Binh. Far from the crowd, this hotel is located in a calm place. The hotel is known for its staff and international class amenities such as Wi-Fi, parking space and a hot bath. The rate is about 12$ per night which is quite reasonable.
- Hang Mua Ecolodge: This is a three-star hotel which is located in the Hang Mua area in Ninh Binh Vietnam. There are many facilities’ that the hotel provides to the customers such as Wi-Fi, hot bath and parking space.
Food and restaurants:
There are several places where you can eat quality dishes in Ninh Binh Vietnam. There are also restaurants that serve authentic local dishes.
- Pho B o 24: This place is a paradise for foodies. They serve rice, noodles, pickets and several other dishes. For about 30000 dongs you can have a very good The place is also located in a very good location.
- Chookie’s Travel Café: If you are looking for excellent western food then this is the perfect place for you in Ninh Binh. The staff is also amicable, and they speak English which is a rare sight in this place.
- Bao Anh Restaurant: The Bao Anh Restaurant is a family owned restaurant, and if you are one of those who likes home food then this is the place where you get the best home cooked food in Ninh Binh.
- Chookie’s Beer Garden: This is one place where you can avail both veg and nonveg dishes. You can also buy excellent quality drinks. This is a perfect place for relaxation here in Ninh Binh.
Tips for tourist:
- Hire a guide: Hiring a guide is a very good Here without a guide, it can be very difficult for one to travel to some places, and that is why it is quite advisable to go for a guide who knows the place well. Going alone to some places can be dangerous at times.
- Avoid traveling during the rainy season: Ninh Binh is known for its occasional foods, and many big floods happened in the past. So if you are planning to travel to this place then avoid the rainy days.
- Be aware of the local vendors: Several local vendors can cheat you, and that is why you need someone who can help you in your shopping. A guide is the perfect one who can help you.
- Avoid street food: Several street stalls serve different types of dishes. Try to avoid these stalls because sometimes these stalls are not that hygienic.